Sunday, June 14, 2009

home!


This is probably old news to most of you, but we've arrived back in the States safe and sound after three flights from Zambia, to South Africa, to England, finally to America!  The first thing we all noticed upon exiting the airport in Dulles was the humidity!  I don't think we missed that at all!

Now it's on to jetlag and unpacking and getting readjusted to life as we normally know it.  I'm off to the grocery store shortly and am not looking forward to ALL of the options!

Thanks again for tuning in to this blog, and to sharing this amazing experience a bit with us!  I'm sure your loved one will be more than happy to share their HUNDREDS of photos with you!  A picture is, after all, worth a thousand words!

Thanks again and again to Dr. Thuma and Elaine, and to the wonderful staff at MIAM and the Macha Mission Hospital, and to the beautiful country of Zambia!  We will never forget you all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Faith (and everyone :D)
    Glad you got home safely!
    I am Eve by the way (I know it says Eveline, that's just my Dutch name ;)) the Dutchy who joined you to the traditional healer :)
    I was just wondering if it would be possible to find the persons who made a picture of me and Dr. Chiala (the traditional healer) :) I would love to have that pic. I think one of them is the girl sitting next to the teacher in the picture, in front of the happy guy with the sombrero :D hihi told you I wasn't gonna remember your names :p
    My emailaddress is evelinelangen@gmail.com, if someone found the pic (or even for other nice pics of that trip... i forgot my camera then...)
    Enjoy the nice memories! Sending you some good vibes from Macha!! :D
    Eve

    ReplyDelete