Tuesday, May 19, 2009

a bit about me

I just realized that many of the people who will be following this blog have no idea who I am!  so, here's a little something for those of you who have no idea who will be writing this blog while we're gone!

My name is Faith Minnich and I am Assistant Director of International Programs here at Messiah College, where I help oversee and administrate our thriving study abroad programs. I am going into my eighth year of working at Messiah and love almost every minute of it!  I particularly enjoy helping students travel and learn abroad during their college years.  I also work with the faculty leaders of our cross-cultural courses that go out during May-Term and J-Term (such as the one we are embarking on!).  

I am also currently pursuing my masters in marriage and family therapy and am half way through (anyone who has done any masters work before knows that every little bit counts!). I've had the privilege of traveling a good bit in my life thus far, including the Ukraine, Philippines, Japan, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Nicaragua (to name a few!).  This is my first trip to Africa and I'm very excited to visit this land that holds a special place in so many hearts.

So, that's a bit about me, your friendly blogger (and co-leader) for the trip.  I'm very excited to get to know the students on our course and am sure we'll have many adventures to tell in the weeks to come!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment